9 Things You Must Do When Filing for Unemployment Insurance
1. Report each day you work. You must report any day you work when you claim your weekly UI Benefits. This includes part-time, temporary or unpaid jobs.
2. Be Accurate. Carefully read all letters the Department of Labor sends to you. Follow the instructions and return all forms as soon as possible. This will help prevent delays in UI payment.
3. Be Available to work. You must be able to take a job right away. Every week, you must verify that you were ready, wiling, and able to work.
4. Look for work. You must search for work each week and keep a written record of every employer you contact. ‘View work search activites’ you are required to do weekly.
5. Make a work search plan. Contact a New York State Career Center to get help planning your work search. go to www.labor.ny.gov to find the location nearest you. You may also call (800) 447-3992. Choose your language and pick option 3.
6. Stop claiming benefits as soon as you return to work. Do not wait for your first paycheck. You are no longer eligible for benefits when you start working a full-time job. You may be eligible for partial benefits if you get park-time work.
7. Read your Claimant Handbook. It tells you about your rights and responsibilities while collecting Unemployment Insurance benefits. It also lists additional benefits and services for which you may be eligible. Electronic and audio versions are also available on our website.
8. Avoid Fraud. Do the right thing and follow the rules while you get benefits. If you do not follow the rules, you could face serious legal consequences.
9. If you don’s know, ask help. Unemployment Insurance representatives are available to help you. Call 1-888-209-8124 or got to our website for answers.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION. I WISH TO CONTINUE WITH THE INTERNET CLAIM FILING PROCESS. UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, ALL INFORMATION IS TRUE AND ACCURATE TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE.
I DO NOT AGREE